Monday, November 21, 2005

"Catch...TOUCHDOWN...
Catch...TOUCHDOWN"




Simon is clearly proud of his new word "touchdown" that he learned last night. This afternoon I was out and I got home just in time to witness a tennis ball being thrown into the kitchen followed by Simon yelling "CATCH" and then running to catch it and throwing it again and yelling "CATCH," etc. etc. This game was fun, but not as much fun as when he picked up the little football, threw it down and said "TOUCHDOWN" and then immediately said "LIE DOWN" and lay down on the floor!! I'm not sure whether he was trying to be funny or if he thinks there's some connection between touchdown and lie down. Either way, he was so cute playing these games. He also showed his sensitive side earlier today--after his nap, he wanted to bring BrrrBrrrr (David thinks it isn't spelled with a "p" at the end) and his blanket (which he calls "bankeet") downstairs. He kept telling BrrrBrrr to lie down and then he'd cover him with the blanket, but the blanket kept falling off. So, I wrapped BrrrBrrr up in the blanket and Simon giggled and said "baby BrrrBrrrr" and then he took him very gently and rocked him--he must see this happen with the babies in daycare. He was also really cute in music class this morning. He spent most of the time running around the room acting like he wasn't paying any attention at all, but at the end of every song he would clap and say "yay" really really loudly.

No comments: