Monday, November 07, 2005

To Grandy's House We Go


This morning Simon slept until NINE AM!! Then he ate a good breakfast while watching ESPN and then we went to music class. He had a great time in class--his favorite part was playing with the scarves during the free-dancing section. He started a trend of all of the kids playing peek-a-boo with the scarves. When we got home from music, David had already emptied out most of the kitchen in preparation for the renovations that start tomorrow. Simon immediately found the boxes of cereal in the dining room and started chowing down. He left some room to eat 2 big bowls of pasta for lunch too. After lunch, he was supposed to take a nap, but ended up watching football with David, Ben and Charles all afternoon. I wasn't home, but apparently they gave him some beer and he was a little bit drunk. He was bouncing off the walls when I got home. I was folding his laundry and when the basket was empty, he got in it and started spinning around saying "wheee." Eventually, I got all of our stuff together and brought Simon over to Grandy and Papu's where we are staying while the kitchen work is being done. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, he whispered "Papu." He made himself right at home here and walked up 2 flights of stairs by himself when it was time for his bath. Then, when I told him it was time to read books and go n'night, he ran directly into his room (otherwise known as Sarah's room) and right over to the chair where we always sit to read books when we are here--this was impressive because he hasn't slept here in a couple of months. I went to hang up his towel and when I got back, he was sitting in the chair reading a book to BrrrpBrrrrp. He wasn't so interested in reading books and eventually he pointed to the crib and said "lie down."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

OK, this is an incredible blog. Any kid who calles the Kotel "taco" is adorable. And, from the mommy of another biter, take it from me. Biters are geniuses.