Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Sleepy Shabbos


Last night we went to potluck dinner at Sara and Andrew's. Simon got to play with Claire and Joshy and he didn't even try to bite either of them. There was also a little baby there who Claire and Simon definitely thought was a toy for them to play with. Simon also got to play with Charles and Jen, so of course he was very happy! This morning he slept until 8am--a big relief after all that jet-lagged induced waking up at 5. I gave him breakfast, which included yogurt, pretzels and freshly squeezed orange juice. Up until today, I've been able to give him milk even if he asked for OJ. Today, we didn't have any OJ, so I tried to give him milk, but as soon as I took it out of the fridge, he started screaming "no meeeelk, OJ OJ OJ OJ." I tried to just give him an orange, but that wasn't good enough either, so I squeezed the orange and made him orange juice in a cup, which he drank very nicely through a straw. We thought about going to shul, but ended up just being lazy and staying home. Simon played with all of his cars and choo-choos and insisted on reading a catalogue of toys over and over and over again. I also discovered that he can only identify 3 characters on Sesame Street--Elmo, Cookie and Ernie. We all ate lunch together and Simon kept leaning back, closing his eyes and saying "n'night." He ended up sleeping from 1 until 5, so David and I got good naps too. After Shabbos, all Simon wanted to do was watch Thomas on tv. He was so engrossed in it and didn't even avert his eyes from the tv for one second the whole time that it was on. I think he is over Barney and very into Thomas right now.

1 comment:

Naava said...

I felt like saying "Nanoo nanoo" when I saw Simon's hair in today's picture!