Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Simon Checks his E-mail and
Rearranges Papu's Closet


Today when I picked up Simon, he showed me how he learned to put on his own jacket. He does the typical little kid thing of laying the jacket down on the floor, putting his arms in and then flipping it over his head. He needs a little bit of help, but he's very close to doing it on his own. On the way out the door of Yaya's, he pointed to a piece of paper on the table and said something that sounded like "take home." I looked at it and realized that it had his name on it and it was a collage that he made. That's right, a collage with cut out pictures from a magazine that he glued on to a green piece of paper. He was very proud of it and when we got home (note how now we call Grandy's house home since there is still no end in sight on our kitchen project), he showed it to Grandy and Papu and said "oooooh." Grandy was working on the computer when we got home and Simon basically pushed her out of the chair and sat down and started typing as if he knew exactly what he was doing. We went to www.nfl.com and he watched a replay of a football game--he got very excited and was clapping and yelling "yay....yay!" After dinner and a bath, Simon helped Papu pick out a tie to go with his new shirt and then proceeded to rearrange his closet because he really didn't like the way the shoes were arranged. He also didn't think Papu's shoes matched his outfit so he brought him another pair from his closet and insisted that he put them on. Then he tried on some shoes and BrrrBrrr also did. When it was time to read stories before going to bed, he wanted to be covered with Joshua's Wiggles sleeping bag that is on the bed in his room (he called it Weeeegles banket) and he asked for the bus book. After that, he asked for Courdory and he knows by heart the part of the book that says that Courdory had his 3 favorite things for breakfast--when we get to that part Simon says "meeeeelk, bwead, HONEY!" When we were done with the books--I knew we were done because he closed all the books and said "all done"--he went happily into his crib and held BrrrBrrr up for me to kiss. I suggested that he sing a song to BrrrrBrrrr and as I elft, I heard him whispering "I peel...I peel" That is how he sings the part of Shoo Fly that goes "I feel...I feel...I feel like the morning star."

1 comment:

Naava said...

I love the way you describe how Simon actually says his words. I wonder if my parents will make fun of me in the same way... ;)
Love, Naava