Thursday, November 17, 2005

Meatballs for Dinner




Simon was very excited to see Francesca when he got to daycare today--she had been away in Disneyworld for a few days and he gave her a huge hug as soon as he saw her. I was hoping that would be the start of a good day, but when I went to pick him up, he was sitting in the corner in a time out (although it was the kind of time out where he was allowed to hold a toy and he could see the tv which was on). Apparently he spent a lot of time in time outs today. And he wasn't allowed to play outside with the other kids. He stayed inside and colored with Yaya--she said she didn't want to punish him and not let him play, but she wanted him to know that he wouldn't be allowed to be with his friends if he is going to bite them. I saw him go up to Felix who was not bothering him at all--Simon went up behind him and gave him what looked like a hug and then was about to bite his arm. I caught him before he actually bit him. It's one thing when he bites in self-defense, but I have no idea what to do about him biting for no reason at all. I guess a busy day of biting made him hungry because he ate a huge dinner that Grandy made of meatballs, rice, sweet potatos, and broccoli soup and an ornage (that's how he says orange) for dessert. He's starting to talk in sentences more--while he was in the bath I asked him if he was all done and instead of just saying no, he said "no all done."

No comments: