Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bad Blogging Habits


Sorry I've been such a bad blogger lately! We just got our new laptop so as soon as we get it set up, I will hopefully be able to post pictures again and not have to e-mail them to myself at work and post pictures from here (not that I remembered to do that last night so I don't actually have any pictures to post now).
Anyway, Simon has generally been a very good boy the past few days except for yesterday he got 2 time-outs for 2 separate biting incidents. Hopefully he is not starting a new trend. He also threw a HUGE fit when I put him in the car yesterday because apparently he wanted to walk home from Yaya's house. He loves to walk in the snow and if there is perfectly clear sidewalk and a little tiny part with snow on it, he insists on walking on the snowy part. It's even better if it's slushy so he can splash and make a big mess.
Last night, he also refused to eat dinner. I tried to give him some really good lentil soup that I made and first he wouldn't even taste it. I finally got him to take a tiny taste and he made a terrible taste and said "don't like it." Then he told me to put it on the floor and I said no. He thought for a minute and then said "fridge?" I still said no, so finally he said exasperatedly "Mommy eat it!" He basically ended up eating an avacado for dinner that David fed to him piece by piece while he played. And then he had a few bites of fish that Ben (who came over for dinner and who Simon calls Bem) tricked him into eating.
He was a very good boy when it was time to go to bed. We read 2 books and then he didn't argue when I turned off the light. He asked me to sing the Thomas song so I did and he hummed along to the entire thing and threw in the word "friends" at all the appropriate times.

No comments: