

Simon and I had a very nice Shabbos despite David's absence. Last night, Grandy and Papu came for dinner. Simon was delighted to see them as usual. Possibly the funniest part of the night was when Simon insisted that Grandy sit down on his lap on the couch. He wrapped his arms around her so that she wouldn't fall off. So funny. He put on a brave front when they left, but he kept saying sort of sadly "Ducky Papu home." Like he understood that they had to go home, but he was sad about it. This morning he slept until almost 8 and then said "mommymommymommymommymommy" over and over and over again until I could drag myself out of bed and go get him. I probably spent the next 2 hours trying to convince him that we should take a nap and he kept looking at me like I was insane and saying "no naps...morning!" We ate breakfast together and he read his fish book while I read Newsweek. He mostly only likes to look at the penguins page. We ate some babka from last week that was very stale. We are a good team because I only like the chocolatey parts and Simon likes the gross crust part.
We played with all of Simon's toys and then finally decided that it was late enough to go to shul. Simon refused to put on his gloves and I kept asking him at various points along the way if he wanted them. He finally agreed when we were almost there and his hands were literally bright red and he could barely move them. As we got to Coolidge Corner, an ambulance went by and Simon spent the rest of the walk making very loud siren sounds. As soon as the shul came into sight, he got very excited and said "look, shul!" I was impressed seeing as he's hardly ever spent any time there. We got there shortly before kiddush so were one of the first people into the kiddush room. I've never been there that early and Simon was very happy to have his pick of the food before the vultures came and at it all. He ate 6 gefilte fish balls, some grapes and some crackers. I was very happy to see Charles, hoping that Simon would want to spend some quality time with him, but apparently I might be Simon's favorite person now because he said "no, Chucky."
We went to the Galpers' for lunch and Simon had a lot of fun playing with Elan. I love the way he says "E-yan." They mostly played nicely, but Simon really didn't want to share his sippy cup or his choo-choos although he did expect that Elan would share all of his toys, which he did. Simon especially liked to look at the fish in the fish tank. This is one of his favorite activities at home too. We both took naps at their house. I wasn't sure that Simon was going to agree to nap there. First he insisted on laying down in bed with me. I read him the caterpillar book and then he read it to himself a few times. His eyes were closing so I asked him if he wanted to go in the pack n' play. He didn't answer so I took that as a yes and put him in with his 2 trains and the book. He lay very still for a while and then went to sleep and slept for 2 1/2 hours. I don't often get to see him while he is sleeping--he is SO cute when he is asleep. We hung out with Shira, Dave and Elan for a little while after Shabbos was over and then Shira drove us home. Simon liked sitting in "E-yan's carseat" even though it made his feet all smooshed because he's too tall to face backwards.
When we got home, we ate dinner and then watched Thomas. Simon turned it off in the middle so I took that as a hint that it was bathtime. After his bath, he refused to put on the pj's that I had picked out because he wanted to pick out his own. So independent, that one. I let him watch one episode of Teletubbies before he went to bed. He was so cute cuddled up on the couch under 2 blankets. Then we read 2 books and he went to bed. He really wanted to take his milk into bed with him so I let him. About 5 minutes after he went to bed, he was crying and crying "MOMMY" at the top of his lungs. So I went into his room and said "milk boo-boo." I don't know exactly what happened because with that he lay down with one arm up in the air holding up the cup of milk. I tried to take it away and he said "no, my milk" and buried it underneath himself with BrrrBrrr and said "n'night Mommy" so I left and haven't heard from him since. I'm not sure how he can possibly sleep through the party that our neighbors are having. And I don't mean our upstairs neighbors--I mean the people in the house next door. Apparently our walls are REALLY thin.
No comments:
Post a Comment