Friday, January 06, 2006

Simon Outsmarts a Toy


Today Simon got one time out at Yaya's house for pushing. I think it might be my fault because I told him that he can't bite so if someone is bothering him he should tell Yaya or push them away. I was kidding, but I guess that humor was lost on him! Pam agreed with me that better pushing than biting.
When we got home, we needed to have a snack because David wasn't home yet and he was picking up pizza for dinner. I filled a little bowl with Tings and we shared it while we watched Thomas. We finished the bowl and Simon said "more tings?" So I said I'd get some more. He insisted on helping me, so he carried the empty bowl into the kitchen, held it very carefully with 2 hands while I refilled it and then walked very slowly and carefully back to the living room. He made it all the way and was about to put the bowl down on the couch, but I had sat down already and he tripped over my foot and the bowl went flying. I felt so badly because he was clearly trying so hard not to spill! I told him that it was my fault and that he had done a very good job.
After his bath, Simon was playing in his room with a toy that makes noise when you drop a ball down a chute. Simon loves this toy, and today he discovered that he doesn't actually have to drop the ball down the chute to make the noise--he stuck his hand in the chute and found the switch that the ball hits to make the noise and he just kept pressing that instead!
When he got sick of that, he took out another toy that sings the abc's and told me that he was going to "ah-bee-cee-dee dance." And he did. He does a cute dance where he sort of slides sideways a couple of steps and then goes back the other way.

No comments: