
This morning Simon very much did not want to go to Yaya's house. He was all excited about the idea of going, but when we got there he started to cry as soon as I took him out of the car. He was suddenly fine when we got inside the vestibule and he told me "jacket off. shoes off." But then we went inside and he grabbed on to me and sobbed "no Yaya house." I asked him if he wanted to play with his friends and he said "no Yaya, no friends." It was so sad. Little Jasmine who just learned to walk came over to him with a big smile waving furiously. He usually loves her, but he just said "no Jasmine" and kept crying. Very sad, but then when I went to pick him up he refused to come home with me. I said I was going to take Felix instead and Simon said "ok." Elana was hiding in the corner when her mom came to get her, so Pam kept saying "where is Elana, I don't see her, etc." even though she was in plain view. Simon looked around a little bit confused and then pointed at Elana and said "look...Elana! Found it!"
When we got home, we made vegetable stir fry for dinner. Simon sat on the counter with me and I gave him the ends of the peppers to "cook." He put them in a container and was mixing them around with a spatula saying "I'm cooking." When it was time to turn on the stove he said "Simon do it" and I hesitated for a minute and he said "Simon do it...please!" So I had to let him. I was glad to see that he doesn't really know how to turn on the stove. But once it was on he said "fire...hot...no touch!"
He ate a great dinner of a popsicle, meat loaf and stir fry with rice. All in that order. Then David gave him a bath and I put him to bed. The only thing he wanted to read was "fish book." It's a big book about the ocean that our cousins Phyllis and Ronny sent him for Chanukah. It's facts not a story, but he LOVES it. He loves to look at the pictures of all of the different fish and talk about them, especially the starfish.
He kept saying that he didn't want to go to sleep, but then he practically jumped out of my arms into his crib, lay down with BrrrBrrr, stood up so I could give both of them a kiss and then lay down and said his usual "seatbelt, Mommy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment