Sunday, January 01, 2006

Life of the Party at Mack's Bar Mitzvah!




Simon gave new meaning to the words "life of the party" at Mack's Bar Mitzvah! He was so funny--all he wanted to do was dance the entire time, so he did just that. He didn't care if he was dancing by himself or trying to copy other people. I wish there was a way to post video on this blog because I have some great video of him doing some sort of line dance. At the very beginning, the DJ called up Simon and Joshua to the dance floor and played "I have a little dreidel"--he gave them top hats and sunglasses and they were dancing and having a great time. The only time that Simon stayed still during the whole party was when they showed a video of Mack's life. Simon stood and watched it with his hands in his pockets the whole time. Simon's energy level at the party might have been boosted by the 4 packages of chanukah gelt that he ate and then the huge piece of cake that he also ate.
After the party, we had to return the car and then go back to Savti's house to sleep so we could get up at the crack of dawn for our flight home. TK and the girls ended up meeting us at the car return place and Simon and Annie had a very long unintelligble conversation for the whole car ride home.
Simon was mostly good on the flight home. I think this is the first time I have flown alone with him since before he could walk (except for maybe one trip to Virginia, but that is a much shorter flight) so I was kind of nervous. He had to sit on my lap the whole time and he was fine watching tv and playing with his trucks and looking out the window until he decided that he REALLY wanted to watch Dora the Explorer and it just wasn't on. He made me try all of the channels several times and he was crying and crying with real tears. It was so sad, but eventually he settled for some violent cartoon and then fell asleep shortly thereafter. He slept for the last hour of the flight which was nice for me.
He was defintely glad to see David who picked us up at the airport, but he wanted to go to Yaya's house right away. He probably asked for Yaya's house at least once a day the whole time we were gone. I guess he will be very happy to get back there on Tuesday! Tomorrow we are going to New York for Mama's chanukah party. I think Simon will be most excited to see Joshua there again. When he went in for a nap today, before he fell asleep he kept saying "Joshua...Joshua...Joshua."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Girl, you HAVE to get yourself a portable DVD player if you're going to fly with a little boy! You were brave to go alone.

I wanna see that line dance video!