Monday, January 23, 2006

We love weekends!


Simon had a pretty fun weekend. On Friday night we let him stay up late in the hopes that he would sleep late in the morning. He had a great time playing with all of his toys and generally being very hyper. He seranaded us with her version of the ABC's on the piano and singing. As David put it, it was like listening to the alphabet on random. He knows a lot of the letters, but he doesn't know the order so he sings the right tune but just says random letters. He went to bed quite willingly--I put him to bed and I said n'night Simon and he said "n'night Dada." Then I said love you Simon and he said "ami (that's how he says love you, but I think he is saying love me) Dada." Then I said sleep well Simon and he said "seatbelt Dada." I guess he had really wanted David to put him to bed.
On Shabbos we went to Annie, Avner and Joshy's for lunch. Simon had fun playing with all of Joshy's toys and firetrucks. He was really tired though and asked to go home a few times, but he perked up after Joshy woke up from his nap. We didn't get home until almost 4, so he didn't nap and just got progressively crankier as the day went on. After Shabbos, he was watching tv in my room and I tried to take him downstairs to eat dinner. He threw a HUGE fit and all he wanted to do was go back upstairs. I finally gave in and he ate a container of applesauce while he watched tv in my bed. I had to feed it to him because I didn't want a bed full of applesauce. Eventually he agreed to go downstairs and David got him to eat some more food.
While he was having his bath, my friend Julia from work came over to babysit. After Simon got out of the bath, as soon as he saw Julia, he went completely mute. I've never seen him do that before--it was literally like he just forgot how to talk. I kept asking him questions and he would just look at me like he knew the answer but wasn't going to say it. Eventually he warmed up to her and he barely looked up from the books they were reading to say goodbye to us.
Today we went to music class. We got there a few minutes late so they were already in the middle. Simon doesn't like it when we get there late, so he spent the first 10 minutes with his head down on my shoulder, but once Colleen broke out the instruments he was all excited and had a great time for the rest of the class.
We came home and had veggie burgers with cheese for lunch and then Simon took a nice long nap. He woke up saying "no, MY mommy" over and over again. Apparently he dreamt that someone was trying to take away his mommy. He didn't actually sound that upset about it. I guess he still had his Dada and that is all that matters!
We played with toys in the den and then in his room. He has these 2 little figures on springs that Papu got him in Hungary. He calls them "friends" and loves to play with them and make them bounce. So we played with them for a little while and then Simon declared "naps!" and threw them in his crib!
David made dinner while I went to the supermarket. Simon was watching Thomas in the living rom and David kept calling to him from the kitchen and talking to him. Everytime David said anything to him, Simon's response was an exasperated "Thomas on!!"

No comments: