Monday, January 09, 2006

A Visit to the Aquarium




This morning David took Simon to music class. Simon really doesn't like going there with David and he barely participated at all until the very end. I guess it's possible that he was just feeling shy because there hasn't been class in a couple of weeks, but he's never hesitant at all when I take him, so I think he just gets thrown off when David takes him.
After they got home, we went to the aquarium where we met up with Shira, Dave and Elan. Elan is so cute and he ate almost all of Simon's cheese sandwich--I'm glad someone likes my cooking!! Simon had a great time looking at all of the fish and also admiring the fish stamp on his hand. He very much did not like seeing the divers in the fish tanks. It freaked him out. He loved the turtles and the penguins the most. He also got to touch a starfish. He was more interested in splashing the water than the starfish itself. When we got back to the car, he kept saying something about a blue man. It took us a few minutes to figure out that he was talking about the divers in the water who were wearing blue wetsuits. Tonight Simon talked to Sarah on the phone and he told her that he saw fish and a man at the aquarium.
After the aquarium, Simon took a nap. I'm not sure how long he actually slept for because I kept hearing him talking and playing with his trains, but he stayed in his crib without complaining for almost 2 hours. Yael and Jesse came over shortly after he woke up and he had a lot of fun playing with Jesse's scarf.
While David and I were making dinner, Simon was driving his car all over the kitchen. He now likes to either use it as a skateboard or he likes to open up the seat and put both of his feet inside and squat down and have one of us push him around.
When I put him in bed, Simon held BrrrBrrr up to me and said "kiss" so I gave him a kiss. Then Simon said "kiss Simo" and stood up and pursed his lips ready for a kiss. Of course I gave him one and he immediately flopped down and closed his eyes and went to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad someone likes your cooking - and that it's not just ice cream sandwiches!