Thursday, January 19, 2006

Simon Learns that Biting Hurts



Today Simon came home from daycare with 2 sets of teethmarks on his cheek. Allistair (the cutest little 1-year old) bit him twice. The first time was apparently provoked, but the second time was not. Simon cried, but when Pam asked him if it hurt he said "no." He probably actually meant yes, but didn't want to admit it both because he is very tough and because if he says biting doesn't hurt then he can continue to do it. I'm not counting on these incidents really teaching him anything, but hopefully I am wrong. As much as I don't want him to get hurt, I prefer to be the parent of the kid that got bitten rather than the kid who did the biting. It is kind of unfortunate that it was Allistair who bit him because Simon is always so nice to the little babies so you'd think they would be nice back!
We got home and I made a quick dinner for David and Simon and then I had to leave for a meeting. David said that Simon loved the meatloaf that I made and also drank an entire sippy cup of juice without stopping (it was a pretty small cup) and then said "ahhhh" and held up his cup for more.
Judging from the pictures (which I will try to post, but may have to wait until tomorrow when I can do it from work because our computer has been giving me some trouble lately), Simon had a very fun bath and then went to bed. I went to say goodnight to him when I got home and tried my best to wake him up so that he would want to get up and give me a hug, but he just sighed and rolled over and didn't wake up.

No comments: