
When I arrived at Yaya's house this afternoon to pick up Simon, he greeted me with a little plastic yellow plate. He waved it at me and said "food" (he pronounces it "fud") and then ran to the pretend kitchen, filled up the plate with something from the fake faucet and said "hee y'go Mommy, fud!" Then he pretended to eat from it complete with chewing noises and saying "mmmmm." He brought the plate home with him because I didn't realize that he was still holding it until after we got outside. It also went in the bath with him so we will return one very clean plate to Yaya's tomorrow!
Simon found the box of the Little People Chanukah Set and demanded that I open it. He set up the whole thing and was very disappointed that when he pressed the menorah nothing happened because there were no batteries in it. He picked it up, looked for the switch underneath, turned the switch and it still didn't work (again because of the no batteries thing). He looked me straight in the eye and said "broken. fu..." Only he said the whole word, I just don't want to write it in the blog! So not only does he curse, but he also does it in the appropriate context. We are very proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment