

Today Simon woke up around 8 again and we ate a long lazy breakfast and then got ready to go to music. He kept saying something in the car that sounded like "yogurt" and I couldn't figure out why until he added the word "class" to it and I realized he was actually saying music class and nothing about yogurt. Unfortunately, we got to the class and while the class before was coming out, I noticed that Julia (the sustitute teacher that we've had before who I think is terrible) was there. I asked one of the people coming out whether Colleen was there and she confirmed that Julia was subbing. Simon and I turned right around and left. Instead, we went to Starbucks and shared a decaf iced mocha (Simon mostly just ate the whipped cream) and then we went to Isis where Simon's old music teacher from when we took it at Magic Beans was having a concert and cd release party for her new cd. It was super-crowded and we almost left, but then I decided to just be aggressive and push our way in. I'm so glad I did because we got to sit down and Simon loved the concert. He was clapping and dancing and having a great time. When it was over, we went to say hi to Vanessa--it was great to see her and Simon claimed that he remembered her, but he might have been lying.
After the concert, we came home and had veggie burgers for lunch. Simon sat down to eat his, took a bite and then said "ketchup please." He ate 1 and 1/2 veggie burgers in record time. Then he took a nice long nap and then Hillary and Zachary came over to play. Simon and Zachy had fun together--first they were mostly playing separately and totally ignoring each other except when one had something that the other wanted, but then for a little while they were actually playing together. They got very hyper and somewhat destructive--I was actually happy to see that it isn't just Simon who gets like that!
After they went home, Simon and I played some more and then we ate dinner. After dinner, Simon was running around the kitchen pushing and then riding his red bike. Eventually he just plopped down and the floor, and said "TIRED!"
Once he was ready for bed, we called David and Simon had a nice conversation with him and then said "n'night Dada." Then we read some books and he went to bed. We'll be very glad to see David tomorrow, but we did have a very nice time on our own!
No comments:
Post a Comment