Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fun with Papu!




This morning Simon had a special treat--he got to spend some quality time with Papu in the morning and then he got to show Papu where Yaya lives and where he hangs his jacket at her house. Despite some people's lack of faith, Papu managed to very successfully get Simon's jacket and gloves on, buckle him in to the carseat and get him to Yaya's house with no problems. And they both had a good time!
When I was picking Simon up, the tv was on at Yaya's. Simon was looking at the tv while I was putting on his socks and shoes and suddenly he said "h...h" I looked up and sure enough there was a big "H" on tv! I was very impressed and asked Pam when he learned his letters. She said he only knows "H" and all the kids know "H" because it is Hiroki's favorite letter and he makes sure everyone knows it!
He also says "bless you" when someone sneezes. To add to his repertoire of politeness, I tried to teach him to say "excuse me" when he burps. Now when he burps he says "a cookie!" I guess it kind of sounds the same.
David put Simon to bed tonight and he decided to switch places with Simon. David lay down and said "more oh dear" so Simon pressed the button on his Pooh book that plays the song "oh dear what can the matter be..." Then David said "more where oh where" and he pressed the button that plays the song "where or where can my honey pot be." David kept asking for more songs and Simon very patiently pressed the buttons and played the right songs for him!

No comments: