Sunday, December 18, 2005

Last Day at Hotel Heath Hill


We are moving back home tomorrow! We still don't have a sink, but the plumber is coming on Monday so we've decided to take the plunge and go home. I told Simon that we are going home and his response was "Yaya's house?" I said no, Simon's house and reminded him about his room with the blue walls and his spongebob chair and his toys. He looked thoughtful for a moment and then went right back to playing with his choo-choos. I think he is going to be very sad to not live with Grandy (and sometimes Papu) anymore. Everytime he comes downstairs and Grandy isn't there, he says "duuuuuuucccccckkkkyyyyyy....duuuuuccccckkkkyyyyyyyy" and keeps calling for her until she appears.
Last night and today, we tricked Simon into thinking that cranberry juice was actually kiddush wine. He loves wine and was asking for it as soon as he saw the kiddush cup. He drank a lot of cranberry juice and then was acting drunk. He and Papu had a screaming contest which was cute, but very loud.
This morning Simon and David got up early and didn't even wake me up until 10:30, which was so nice. Then Simon sat in bed with me and we read books for 1/2 an hour. He found his Mimi's Toes book which I think we had left here last time we moved in when our central air was being put in over the summer. He was very excited to read it and see the "mukkey (translation monkey) in the bathy."
Also this morning on David's watch, Simon fell off a chair and banged his head on the floor. That was the first of about 10 times that he bumped his head today, one of them being when he walked directly into the wall in the kitchen. It looked like it hurt, but he just said "boom" and kept on going.
After lunch, we all took a 3-hour nap and then when I went to get Simon after he woke up, he said, "Mia? no more cookies." I guess maybe he dreamt about Maria and something having to do with cookies. I wish there was some way to know what is going on in that little head of his!!

No comments: