Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Noooooooo Haircut



Poor Simon. We went straight from daycare to Snip It to get a haircut. When I told him we were doing that, he said "no," so I should have known that he wasn't going to be so cooperative. The woman who cut his hair was so nice and patient, especially considering that they close at 6pm and we got there at 5:40. She tried giving him a balloon, which seemed to work at first, but then he changed his mind. He kept trying to run for the door saying "jacket...home..." He even got 2 lollipops, one for each hand. Finally, we got him to sit down long enough to strap him in and then I just held him down while she quickly spritzed his hair and cut. He never stopped crying completely, but he did manage to eat his lollipop through his tears. He decided that he didn't need 2 and he gave me the extra one to eat. As soon as the haircut was over, he forgot all about the trauma because I bought him a little tractor trailer with a boat that attaches to it.
When we got home, he showed Grandy his new toy and then we all ate dinner together. Simon ate a big piece of fish and also had some beets and some carrots. He and Papu made lots of faces at each other and Papu taught Simon how to rub his head and pat his tummy at the same time.
After his bath, Simon and Grandy played with popping paper and then Simon discovered a little Elvis doll that he now loves very much.

1 comment:

Naava said...

You eat beets?? Eeewwwww! (Like I know what they are...)