Monday, December 19, 2005

Home at Last





Today, we walked in the door of our house after not being home for 6 weeks and Simon didn't even notice the new kitchen. He just walked directly into his room and starting playing with his toys. He was especially happy to see his big Thomas train and he has not let it leave his side--he even took it into his crib with him when he went to bed.
Before we came home, Simon and I went to music class. Unfortunately, Colleen, the regular teacher, was singing in a concert so Julia, the director of the program, substituted again. I really don't like her. First of all, she doesn't really seem to have it together the same way that Colleen (and Laura and Vanessa who taught the classes we took in Brookline last year) does and she's just not as much fun. Worst of all, Simon was playing with one of his trains during the class--he wasn't bothering anyone and no other kids were trying to take it away or anything. Julia decided that he wasn't paying attention to the class and so she had to take the train away. She did a whole thing about the train going to sleep and she basically took it away and put it on a shelf with a scarf over it. Simon just watched this whole process in disbelief, as did I and as did most of the other parents. Had Simon let out even the slightest whimper, I would have grabbed that train away from her so quickly and given it back to him, but he didn't seem to care that much. I was VERY annoyed--it seemed counter to everything that Music Together seems to be about. There is no class for the next 2 weeks and then hopefully Colleen won't miss anymore after that!
This evening we went out for dinner with Itia, Menachem and Emma. Emma is 8 months old and sat very nicely in her stroller all throughout dinner. Kind of made we wish that Simon didn't know how to walk yet! He really didn't want to sit at the table because the restaurant had a little fish pond that he was having so much fun looking at and pointing at the fish and saying "peeeesh...peeeeesh!" Eventually we got him to sit down and he ended up eating pretty well. He didn't want to eat his chicken and broccoli that we ordered for him, but he ate 1 chicken leg from a pu-pu platter, one meat wonton, a bunch of broccoli, a lot of rice with duck sauce and one piece of vegetable sushi. He just grabbed it off the plate and gobbled it up and loved it! I thought he would spit out the seaweed, but he liked it. He also took my chopsticks and tried to eat some noodles with them. David got a picture of that with his phone, so I'll have to see if I can figure out how to get it from the phone to the blog. In the meantime, I will just share some pictures of the kitchen in its almost finished state!
I hope Simon sleeps well in his very own crib tonight. I think he is going to be sad in the morning when he can't have breakfast with Grandy and Papu:(

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wow! The kitchen is gorgeous. I especially love the dark floors. It was worth the wait!