

Yesterday, it took us almost TWO HOURS to get home from Yaya's house because of all the snow. This was after the hour it took us to get to Yaya's house from downtown. The snow was blinding and there were stuck cars all over the place. Once again, I laugh at all the anti-SUV people...I may be broke because it costs so much to fill up my car with gas, but at least I am able to get where I want to go without getting stuck and causing traffic jams! Ok, I'm done using Simon's blog for making political statements (for now anyway).
Anyway, when I picked Simon up, I was in a bit of a rush because David was waiting in the car. Simon was not in a rush because Maria was there and he really didn't want to leave her. He was asleep when I got there, so Maria went to get him. She came out holding Simon and was rubbing her face and saying "Mia...Mia...Mia." He loves her--it's so cute. I'm glad that she goes to visit the kids so often.
Simon was a very good sport during the never-ending car ride home. He entertained himself by making David open and close his window over and over again. He also liked pointing out all of the stuck cars and saying "uh-oh stuck."
Last night we ate a quick dinner and went to bed very early. This morning, Simon woke up at 7 and played with David for a while and then came to wake me up. He had a great time running in circles all over the house and pushing the rack from the dishwasher around the kitchen (I'm not sure why Grandy let him do that). David and I went to Jen and Charles' for lunch but we left Simon here with Grandy and Papu and the Katzs' because we didn't think we'd be able to push the stroller in the snow. Simon had a fabulous time and Eitan Katz is his new best friend.
He was sleeping when we got home and when he woke up he proceeded to cry and scream and be generally miserable for about 45 minutes. It seemed that he had a stomach ache or gas or something, but once it passed he was fine and in a great mood. He was watching Thomas and was repeating almost everything anyone on the show said. He's really into repeating now. Sometimes he says "more" and I don't know what he's referring to so I will say "more what?" and his response is then "more what!"
After his bath, he cooked himself some cereal (see pictures) for a snack and then it was time to go to bed. We went around the house looking for Grandy and Papu to say n'night to them. Grandy was on the phone with Auntie Sarah, so Simon said goodnight to her too and even said her favorite phrase that he says "no mizza pizza!"
Simon picked a few books to read and then surprised me by handing me Goodnight Moon. We haven't read that one in a long time. I tested his memory by stopping at places to see if he knew the right words to say. He knew most of them and any that he didn't remember, he would ask "moon?" I thought that was a pretty good guess! He really wanted to read Sheep in a Jeep too, so I said he should read it to me. He opened the book to the first page and said "beep beep" which happen to be the first words of the book!
No comments:
Post a Comment