


Just when I was celebrating the end of Simon's Barney obsession, he now favors the dreaded Teletubbies. He calls them "butties" and he thinks they are hilarious. I actually think he is laughing at them and not with them, so that makes me feel a little bit better. He is starting to even prefer them to Thomas. As soon as we move back home, I am ending the habit of watching tv while eating dinner. Somehow I will have to convince him that this is only something we do at Grandy's house and not at our house. When I picked Simon up from daycare, I was putting his shoes on him and I'm pretty sure he said an entire sentence in Spanish. The only word I understood was "sabatos" (I don't know if I spelled that right, but it means shoes), but it sounded like he was saying something very important.
I let him stay up late tonight because I wanted to play with him. We were sitting on the couch and he was playing with a little car and then all of a sudden he said "oh man!" But he pronounces it "mun." Then, after his bath, we came downstairs to get some milk and I said "we're going to get some milk and then go to bed." He STAMPED HIS FOOT and said "no bed!" He kept saying "no bed...no lie down...no n'night" while we were going upstairs and even while we were reading books, but then as soon as I turned off the light, he went right into his crib and I haven't heard from him since.
No comments:
Post a Comment