Friday, December 09, 2005

Simon Gets a Sticker for NO BITING!


Yesterday was a very good day for Simon. As Pam tells it, he was very nicely doing puzzles with her and Elana, when Josh came up to him and started to bother him. Simon turned to Josh and was clearly about to bite him. And then he stopped himself, stood up and walked around the room biting his sleeve and saying "nunca bite...nunca bite....nunca bite." He walked around the room once and then came back and sat down and was fine and very proud of himself. Elana (she is almost 3 I think), said "that was very good Simon, now let's do our puzzle." I took a word of advice from Valerie who said that she's told Ella to bite her shirt if she needs to bite something and I had a long talk with Simon the night before last about doing that. I wasn't sure whether he was paying attention or absorbing anything that I was saying but apparently he was! So, thank you Valerie!!!! Hopefully yesterday wasn't just a fluke and maybe we have made a break-through.
I couldn't post last night because of major computer issues and now I can't remember anything that I had wanted to say! Simon was very cute this morning--he was wearing his boots because it is snowing and he has finally figured out how to walk in them. He also couldn't wait to get to Yaya's house. The first thing he said when he woke up was "Yaya's house?"

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm not sure what the child psych experts think about our shirt-biting technique, but I'm glad it prevented a kid-biting incident! Can't wait to see Simon on Sunday.