Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Picture of Some Canadian Cousins


I didn't take any pictures of Simon today, so I'm posting this cute picture of Simon's cousins from Toronto--Emme, Mia and Annie. Annie (the one with the pot belly) is just 1 month older than Simon, but she appears as if she could eat him for breakfast! Simon is looking forward to seeing them in Florida in a couple of weeks.
Today, Simon was having a great time at Yaya's. When I got there, the only kids left were Simon, Josh and Silvia. Simon and Josh were chasing Dora (the cat) all over the place until she finally escaped outside. Then, Josh grabbed an enormous stuffed bear off the couch and he and Simon were jumping on it and climbing all over it and each other and shrieking and laughing and putting their heads down and saying "n'night" and then popping up and saying "mornin!" I guess Simon taught Josh his favorite game. There were no biting incidents, which Yaya said was surprising because Josh often tempts Simon into biting him. She said they both get time outs when he does that. She's also trying a new tactic of telling Simon that he has to tell his teeth that they can't bite. Basically she is teaching him that he is the boss of his teeth (Sarah--that statement was entirely for your benefit!).
Simon ate a big bowl of soup for dinner while I was making pasta for myself. I thought he was done eating, but as soon as he saw my bowl of pasta, he immediately started reaching for it saying "yum!" He ate his own huge plate of pasta. He tried eating with a fork but it kept slipping off so he held the fork firmly in his right hand while shoveling pasta into his mouth with his left!

No comments: