Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Thomeeeeeees the Choo-Choo


While Simon has been a loyal fan of Thomas the Tank Engine for a while now, he always just referred to Thomas and the other trains merely as "choo-choos." Now, they are all choo-choos except for Thomas, who gets a heavily accented "Thomeeeeees." It's really cute. I'm actually going to be really sad when he loses the Spanish accent one day. It's on my list of reasons to keep him at Yaya's next year. The trade off might be gaining a yiddish accent if he goes to Lubavitch--I haven't decided yet which is worse--coming home and telling me about cheeseburgers and Santa or coming home and telling me about the Rebbe and that I need to get a sheitel:)
When I picked up Simon today, all of the kids were eating popsicles because Yaya was cleaning out her freezer and she found them leftover from the summer. I hadn't heard Simon say "pa-see-cle" since he ate one in Israel and I had forgotten how funny it was! He also is the slowest eater ever and luckily was agreeable to not actually finishing the popsicle or else we would probably still be there. He must get that habit from Auntie Sarah because he certainly doesn't get it from me or David.
We had lots of fun playing with trucks when we got home. I don't think Simon ate much dinner because he tried to fit 2 trains and a bulldozer in his bowl of soup and that ended up displacing much of the soup itself.
David gave Simon a bath and put him to bed and that's about all I have to say for tonight!

No comments: