Sunday, December 04, 2005

Run! Run!





Simon's new favorite game is to yell "RUN! RUN!" and run like a maniac all over the house. The game is even more fun if he can get other people to run with him. He played this game A LOT on Friday. It made him very hyper. And then he basically threw an entire bowl of mushroom soup all over the dining room while we were eating dinner. When I took him upstairs to put him to bed, first he pointed to my room and said "lie down." So we went to lie down in there becuase there is a pillow with a duck on it (it's actually a swan but he calls it a duck) that he likes to lie on. He really wanted me to lie down too and when I picked my head up for a second, he pushed it back down and yelled at me to "LIE DOWN MOMMY!"
This morning, he woke up pretty early and David got up with him. By the time I got up, he was all dressed in jeans, a blue button-down shirt and a navy blue sweater vest. He looked very handsome. I was getting dressed and he brought me a pair of shoes that he wanted me to put on. Unfortunately, they were sandals and it was about 20 degrees today. I told him that I was going to wear different shoes. He said, "oh, diffent shoes" and went and got me another pair. Then he pointed to his own shoes and tried to take them off saying "diffent shoes, diffent shoes." This afternoon, when I put him in for a nap, he kept asking for a cookie. I told him he could have a cookie after his nap. As soon as I opened the door to his room to get him when he woke up, he said, "hi Mommy...COOKIE!"
He had a fun afternoon playing catch with Grandy. Then he ate 2 yogurts for dinner. While he was eating dinner, the book that I ordered for him came. It's called "Teeth are not for Biting" and it is supposed to make him stop biting. I don't think it's going to work because he won't let me read any of the pages that are actually about biting. He likes the part about teeth are for chewing, etc. But he very quickly turns the pages that are about how biting hurts and that you should use your words instead.
He was really cute in his bath--he insisted on wearing a visor, but mostly he just liked to look through it because it made everything look red and he thought it was very funny!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

The only thing that's worked for us with the biting is saying, "What do we bite?" and Ella replies, "Food!" We also allow her to bite her shirt if she wants to bite. Oy! What's with kids these days?