


This morning Simon woke up at around 7, but I know this not because he cried or called for us, but rather because I could hear through the monitor that he was pushing his big Thomas train that he slept with along the wall and railings of his crib. He probably did that quietly and happily for 1/2 an hour before I finally went to get him. He was happy to see me and eased very quickly into his old routine of getting into my bed and watching Sesame Street while David and I got dressed, all the while clutching Thomas.
Somehow we managed to leave the house without bringing Thomas with us and Simon was very happy to get to Yaya's house. I guess it was all downhill from there because when I picked him up, he was sitting on Pam's lap and the first thing he said to me was "hi Mommy. Time out." Pam said he had pretty much been in a time out all day because he tried to bite so many times. The only person he didn't try to bite at all was Leander, the 5 month old baby. In fact, he loves Leander so much and I saw him go up to Leander in his carseat, say "hi baby" and put his pacifier in his mouth and say "here you go" (which sounds like "hee y'go" the way Simon says it).
On the way out the door, I noticed that there were little tiny foam christmas trees that the kids had decorated. They all had names on them, but there wasn't one that said Simon on it. I'm not sure whether he was sleeping and missed arts and crafts, he was having a time out during arts and crafts or if they decided that the Jewish kid shouldn't make a Christmas tree! If I remember, I will ask them tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow they will all make menorahs:)
No comments:
Post a Comment