Sunday, May 28, 2006

B-I-N-G-O



Yesterday, on the way home from Yaya's, Simon and I were listening to his favorite CD of hebrew music. He threw a HUGE fit when Hatikvah ended and then it switched to the next CD and I couldn't figure out how to get it back fast enough. We were pulling into the driveway anyway, so I didn't think it would matter that much, but he was VERY upset. It didn't help when I started to take him up the back steps. That resulted in a "NOOOOOOO...I WANT FRONT DOOR. ONLY FRONT DOOR." I felt badly for him since he was so upset, so we went to the front door and got soaked on the way because of the raging monsoon that was going on.
He finally stopped crying when I gave him the surprise that I bought him at the Butcherie. It was a Blue's Clues cookie that came with 3 markers that are apparently edible. You color in the cookie and then eat it. Simon wasn't sure that coloring on the cookie was such a good idea, but he ultimately decided it was ok if he told me what colors to use where and I did the actual coloring. Then he ate his "clues clues" cookie and kept offering me bites too. It was pretty gross tasting, but he seemed to like it.
Simon and David took a shower before Shabbos, and Farrah and Barry got here for dinner just as Simon was coming downstairs clad only in a diaper. He went down the stairs on his tush very very slowly and then very very slowly walked over to Farrah to say hi to her. We all had a very nice dinner. Simon, of course, ate about 2 bites of his dinner and then went to go play. He played by himself for a long time and we could occasionally hear him playing the piano and singing to himself. He came back for the table for dessert and to serenade us all with Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Hatikvah. He didn't go to bed until almost 10 and then he slept until around 9 this morning.
David took care of Simon this morning while I slept a little bit longer. They played outside and David clearly dressed him because he was wearing socks with his new plastic sandals that I bought him for the beach. He looked like an old Russian man. We ate lunch outside and then we all took naps from 2 until almost 5.
I woke up Simon around 5 and then we went to get David so that we could go to the park. We couldn't decide which park to go to, so David asked Simon if he wanted to go to Schick Park or another park and Simon got very excited and said "Schick Park Schick Park!" I have no idea whether he actually knows which park that is, but nevertheless, that is where we went. Simon made friends with twin 2 1/2 year olds named Tommy and Johnny. They had a great time together, running all over the park and playing with tennis balls--luckily we had brought 2 tennis balls to the park so there wasn't too much fighting. When we left the park, Simon yelled "bye" to his new friends and one yelled back "bye, I love you!"
When we got home, David gave Simon some leftover mac and cheese for dinner. Simon took one bite and then said "I don't like it" and refused to eat any more of it. He ate chicken and sqaush instead--a whole plateful. And then he had a banana and some chips for dessert. Then he had a bath and then played a little bit and then it was time for bed.
I read him some books in the den and then we went to sing songs in his bed. He wasn't really paying attention to me so I just kept singing whatever songs I could think of. Then, he was humming something so I stopped to figure out what he was humming and when I figured it out, I sang "There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-oh." And then, Simon sang "B-I-N-G-O. Bingo was name-oh!" I couldn't believe it. Then he said "Pam sing that song and ABC too." So I asked him to sing me ABC's and he did--he know almost all of the letters in the right order now. He gets a little confused around "l m n o p" and says "l l l o p" but it's close enough.

No comments: