



All day today Simon kept saying that he wants to go to the beach. We are going tomorrow, but I guess we shouldn't have told him that today. At one point he said to David "Dada, Simon, Chucky, Jen going beach." David asked him what about Mommy. He shrugged and said "I no know."
So we didn't go to the beach today, but we did go to music class and it was probably almost as hot as at the beach since the air conditioning wasn't working. Simon had fun and was especially happy because we sang his new favorite song about drummers marching up and then down a hill. We listened to that song the entire way to music class in the car and Simon said "I love it this song."
When we got home, I was making lunch and David was in the shower after his softball game. Simon was playing with 2 tennis balls and then suddenly it got very quiet and I wasn't sure where he was. I was calling him and it sounded like he was answering me from upstairs. I went to see and he was standing outside the bathroom door yelling "Dada...you tennis ball here." David couldn't hear him over the water running, but Simon just stood and waited a good 15 minutes until David finally came out.
We ate lunch and I told Simon he had to take a nap right after lunch so that he could wake up with enough time left in the day to go to the park. He was asleep before 1 and woke up around 2:30, so it was a shorter nap than usual, but at least that gave us the rest of the afternoon to do something. We went to the park that has sprinklers, but the sprinklers apparently haven't been turned on yet. Simon went on the swings and then played in the sandbox, but he doesn't really like that park and when David asked him if he was having fun he said "no." That might have been because David made him hang from the monkey bars and Simon said "I don't like it." We didn't stay very long and then we went to get the carwash and to Walgreens to buy some sand toys for the beach.
Then we went to Grandy and Papu's house. We pulled into the driveway and Simon said "DUCKY HOUSE!" I asked him who else lives there and he said "I no know." Sorry Papu. Simon was VERY excited to see Ducky--they played on the hammock and then he went on the swing ("dis swing dirty!") with Papu. We went to Abe and Marilyn's for a barbecue for dinner and Simon had a great time playing broom hockey with Grandy. He really loves playing with brooms for some reason. He's a good sweeper.
We didn't get home until after 8 so Simon had a bath and went right to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment