Thursday, May 25, 2006

Blue Eyes vs. Brown Eyes


This morning I did David's usual job of waking up Simon. This is a very fun activity. I got into his bed and he immediately squirmed away from me and whispered "go away Mommy." I patiently lay there and waited for him to wake up. After a couple of minutes, he noticed that I was still there and cuddled up next to me with his face very close to mine. Then he said "you have it brown eyes?" I said yes. Then he said "I have it blue eyes." I said that he does have blue eyes, very nice ones. Then he furrowed his brow and said "me have it brown eyes too?" I said that only I have brown eyes and he and Dada have blue eyes. Then he said "I touch it brown eyes?" I stupidly said yes and he poked me in the eye. When we finally got out of bed, it was already almost 8:00 so we had to hurry and get dressed and ready to go to Yaya's house.
When I picked him up this afternoon, he was riding a little purple bike. He got off the bike to help Jasmine pick up her shoe that had fallen off and Francesca took the bike. He started to throw a fit and then suddenly stopped and just went and got a different bike. I was proud of his self-control there. When we got home, David was on the porch doing something with plants. Simon said "hi Dada. You make it big mess" because there was potting soil all over the porch. Simon and I went to play in the sandbox while David finished with the plants and then hosed off the porch. We were down below and Simon loved to watch the water come through the cracks.
We went inside and Simon and I played in his room while David made yummy macaroni and cheese for dinner. Then we ate and David gave Simon a bath and put him to bed.

No comments: