Friday, May 26, 2006

Waffle Time!

This morning I put some waffles in the toaster for Simon and me to eat on the way to Yaya's house. When they were ready, Simon was in the den and I called to him and said the waffles are ready. He came running in to the kitchen yelling "yay, it's waffle time!" Unfortunately, I didn't leave them in the toaster long enough and they were kind of cold. Simon held onto his in one hand, and ate a breakfast bar with the other and then left the waffle in the car when we got to Yaya's house.
David and I both picked him up this afternoon and we asked him if wanted to get ice cream. He said yes and then we said that we were going to get falafel first. He said "no flarfel. just ice cream." We went to Rami's anyway and he ate 4 felafel balls (which he called meatballs) and a bunch of tomatoes and he drank some gross grape drink that tasted just like dimetapp. Then we went across the street to J.P. Licks and Simon immediately said "I want it chocolate milkshake." He didn't really have to tell us that because we had learned our lesson and knew that's what he wanted. We each had a milkshake and we looked at all the cow pictures on the wall.
On the way back to the car, we stopped at Magic Beans because I wanted to look at double strollers. They don't have the one that we're going to get, but I pushed around the Valco for a while and it just seems so huge. We also asked Simon if he wanted the Phil & Ted's one that has one seat sort of behind and underneath the other. He took one look at it and said "NO!" I agreed--it's smaller than a side-by-side stroller, but whichever kid is in the back has nothing to look at except for the back of the front seat and what fun is that?
We looked at some Thomas stuff and told Simon he could pick one. He only wanted Thomas, but he already has 2 Thomases, so we tried to convince him to pick a different train. He picked Toad (I didn't know there was one named Toad), but then dropped it and ran to the display of cars and picked a 1967 Chevy pick up truck instead.
We came home and David gave Simon a bath and then he sat in his towel on the couch and watched football for a little while and then I took him to put him to bed. I was lying in bed with him and he said "I tell you a secret?" I said yes so he whispered in my ear "I love you."

No comments: