Yesterday, when we pulled into the driveway from Yaya's house, Sophia was playing at the bottom of the driveway with her babysitter. She was jumping in the huge puddle that Simon had been dying to play in all week (I had let him for about 1/2 a second once earlier in the week). I couldn't not let Simon join her. Sophia was wearing a rain coat and rain boots, while Simon was not even wearing a jacket and was wearing his Thomas sneakers. They had a great time running through the puddle and splashing and looking over the wall at the end of the driveway and yelling "HALLO DOWN THERE!" Simon's shoes are still wet.
I went to bed at 8 last night, so I have no idea what Simon did--when I went to sleep, I heard him telling David that he was hungry, so I think they stayed up a for a while longer since he hadn't really eaten much dinner earlier. This morning, after we were all up, I had the brilliant idea that we should finally clean out the closet in the den and unpack the boxes that are still in there. This basically just created a HUGE mess, but we did fill 3 big bags of clothes to give away. Simon and I were going through a bag of pictures that I found. He was looking through one pile and I was organizing another. All of a sudden he got very excited and said "LOOK! Tiny Head in sand!!" Sure enough, it was a picture of Danielle from when we went to the beach in Chicago sometime during college.
All morning, Simon kept going to the window and saying "it's raining A LOT!" We went to Sara and Andrew's for lunch despite the torrential downpour and were completely soaked when we got there. Kara and Dan and the Roffmans were there too and Simon had fun playing with Claire. He was shy at first, but they warmed up to each other. She was sitting on a chair and ordering him around, which he was ok with for a little while. Then he took her by the hand and said "you come play now." After the Roffmans left, Simon had fun playing with Kara too. Then he was playing with Sara too and the ball they were playing with rolled under the couch and they couldn't see where it went. Sara found it and Simon said "yay, Sara, you found it!"
Simon fell asleep in the stroller on the way home and woke up when we got here, but went right into his crib pretty quickly and slept from 4 until 7. He woke up crying and I picked him up and he cried and cried for 1/2 an hour. I have no idea what was wrong--he said nothing hurt him and that he wasn't sad. He seemed pretty sad to me. He ate 2 bites of cold pea soup and some babka for dinner and then played while I finished cleaning up the den (which looks great now, by the way). He didn't go to bed until almost 10 since he had woken up from his nap so late. A great Mother's Day present would be if he sleeps late in the morning since it's my turn to get up with him.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment