Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Torah Torah Torah


Once again, when we got home from Yaya's, Simon really wanted to play in the big puddle. I asked him if he would come out of the puddle as soon as I said it was time and he said ok. Of course, when I said it was time to go in, he said no. Finally, the only thing that got him to go inside was David, who had gotten home before us, yelling out the back door that he had a present for Simon. That made him come running. David had gotten him 2 little baseball mitts and a ball, all of which are covered in velcro so he can actually catch it. They played catch for a while and Simon had a great time, although it is very hard for him to get the ball off of the mitt once it is attached because the velcro is very sticky.
We ate soup and chicken for dinner. Simon ate his whole piece of schnitzel with a fork, dipping each piece in ketchup first. After dinner, we all played on Simon's bed for a little while. I think he likes it that we can all lie down together on his big boy bed. David gave Simon a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen and then I got Simon ready for bed while David finished cleaning the kitchen. After Simon's pjs were on, he told me "I finish eating now." I wasn't sure if he was just stalling because he didn't want to go to bed or if he was really still hungry. We went into the kitchen and he ate a few more bites of chicken and half a banana and he drank a whole glass of water. Then he said "I go n'night now" and ran to his room. Then he had to run back to the kitchen to say goodnight to David. He ran to David, jumped on him and said "n'night Dada...I love you I love you I love you" and gave him a huge hug. Lucky David!
We read some books in bed and then I turned off the light and lay down with him to sing songs. We sang the ABC song a few times and then I asked him what else he wanted. He said what I thought was "Dora." I was thinking that I was going to be in trouble because I have no idea how the Dora theme song goes. I asked him to sing it and starting singing "Torah torah torah torah..." Ah, he wasn't saying Dora after all! I was suprised that he knew this song and I asked him where he learned it and he said "uh...Dada." So I guess David has been singing this to him.
Shortly after I kissed him goodnight and left the room, we heard him trying to open the door. David went to see what he was doing and he said very quietly and sadly "I drop it milk." He had a sippy cup of milk in bed with him and he had dropped it behind his bed and couldn't reach it. At least it was a legitimate reason to get out of bed and come get us.

No comments: