

Yesterday, Simon was thrilled to be back at Yaya's house. He did get shy when I dropped him off and he didn't want to go in, but once he did, he gave Yaya a big hug. Apparently he had a great day (but it's possible that Yaya had just missed all the kids so they could do no wrong on her first day back). When we got in the car to go home, he asked "I drive now?" I think David created a monster by letting him drive. When we got home, Sophia and her dad were in the backyard, so Simon wanted to go play too. They had cleaned out the sandbox and put in new sand, which was very exciting for Simon. Sophia was nice enough to share some of her sandtoys and Simon played for a little while and then we went inside to make dinner.
Today he had another fun day at Yaya's even though it rained pretty much all day. When I picked him up, he showed me the birthday present that he got from Yaya (a little bit late)--it's a little dump truck with mega blocks in it. He loves it and played with it for 1/2 an hour in the kitchen while I made dinner. Simon ate a great dinner of 3 tureky meatballs with pastina and a bunch of vegetables, mostly broccoli. He watched 2 episodes of King of the Hill while he ate. He loves that show, but I don't know if he really gets it. He laughs only when we laugh at the funny parts. He's definitely listening to it because he often repeats things that they say. This could probably come back to haunt us at some point. While Simon was eating, I was doing some other things and then I came back to check on him and he said "I love Mommy." I thought I heard him wrong, so I said "what did you say?" He put his hand on my arm and said "I love Mommy!" That's the first time he ever said that--he generally responds when I say I love you, but he never initiated it before.
After dinner, I gave him a bath and got him in pj's and then we played for a long time because David wanted to put him to bed but he was helping the electrician install our new ceiling fan in our bedroom (which I think I might hate, although it looks better than I thought it would). Simon really didn't want David to put him to bed, but eventually agreed to it but not before doing 3 or 4 "family hugs!" It's really cute when Simon yells "family hug" and then squeezes us.
No comments:
Post a Comment