

Yesterday was a very exciting day in the life of Simon. First, he gave me a very pretty amethyst necklace for Mother's Day (I guess that was more exciting for me than for him, but he pointed it out to everyone in music class and said "I brought 'dis for Mommy"). Then we went to music class and he had a great time and he announced that he has a garage in his house with a yellow car in it. He was referring to the closet in the den where we now park his assortment of ride-on toys. He actually calls it a garage-eh.
We went straight from music class to Target to pick out sheets for his big boy bed. He immediately picked out some sports themed sheets that I really liked too and the colors go well in his room. He also pointed to a very girly rug and said "I need it rug with flowers." We didn't get it. We got home and Simon helped David finish building his bed and then he watched as David and I rearranged all the furniture in his room. It looks really good and he liked jumping on his new bed. He did not particularly like the idea of napping in it though. He lay down for probably an hour and a half but never went to sleep and then I heard him walking towards the door. I went to get him and first he looked at me sort of pouty, like he knew he was doing something wrong and then he said "I all done big boy bed." I asked him if wanted to take a nap in his crib and he quickly corrected himself and said "I all done sleeping!"
I wasn't sure what was going to happen at bedtime, but it went fairly smoothly. David read him books and put him in bed and said goodnight. Within 2 minutes of him leaving the room, Simon was screaming "I WANT MY CRIBBY." David left for the supermarket and I sat outside Simon's room deciding what to do. Then he was crying "I want Dada" and finally I decided to go in lest he throw himself off the bed (he tends to throw himself places while having a temper tantrum) and hurt himself. He was NOT happy to see me since he wanted David. I told him that David went to the supermarket and he said "No. Mommy go supermarket. I want Dada." Eventually he calmed down and I lay down with him in bed and he gave me a blue car to hold. He kept talking to me and I kept telling him to be quiet and go to sleep and after a few minutes he said "I go n'night now. You go." So I left and we didn't hear a peep until David woke him up at 7:30 this morning. Hopefully tonight will go well too. He looks so cute in the big bed!
We also bought him rain boots at Target yesterday, which he wore for most of the day inside and then wore to Yaya's house today and then finally put them to good use when we got home and he played in the big puddle (which has gotten significantly deeper since Friday, but I guess is nothing compared to what is going on on the North Shore!)
No comments:
Post a Comment