Thursday, May 04, 2006

Simon Visits JCRC (and doesn't like it)

Today I worked from home, which did not mean a fun day for Simon. He slept until 9:30, which meant I also slept until 9:30 so that was very nice. He watched tv and ate breakfast while I did work and then around 11:30 we headed downtown because I needed to pick something up from my office. It was drizzling when we left and when we parked 2 blocks away from my office. As we were walking there, there was a sudden downpour and we got drenched. At least Simon had a hood, but I didn't! We got to my office and Simon was very friendly to Kat, telling her that it rained on Simon's head. But then he got very overwhelmed and shy anytime anyone else talked to him. Even Sheryl was of no interest to him. The only thing that made him happy was playing with the little American and Israeli flags that I have in my office. And he noticed a picture of himself on my computer and he said "that Simon! That me!" Then he was also excited to see a picture of Joshua that I have there too.
As soon as we got back outside, he was back to his happy self. Then he threw a total fit when he had to get in the car because he wanted to walk in the puddles more. He actually cried almost the entire way home. When we got home, Farrah came over to have lunch with us. Simon had a great time with her even though she kept telling him not to put more food in his mouth until he finished what was already there. After she left, he asked to watch Baby Wordsworth, which I put on for him to distract him since I was supposed to have a phone meeting. The person I was supposed to talk to wasn't there and never called me back, so I did some other work and then when Simon's video was over he said "going n'night now?" so I put him in for a nap.
He slept for 3 hours and I went to wake him at 6. He opened his eyes, but stayed lying down and whispered to me to get in his crib with him. I did, and he put his arm around me like he does with BrrrBrrr and he said "you go sleep now too Mommy." We played in his crib for a little while until he said "all done cribby." It was much harder to climb out than it was to climb in--this will be easier when he is sleeping in his big boy bed!!
David came home and made tuna steaks for dinner. Simon thought it was chicken and ate a decent sized piece. Then David went to Home Depot to buy light fixtures for the living room to replace the cracked one and a ceiling fan for our room since apparently I lost that battle. I gave Simon a bath and tried to keep him up so that David could put him to bed when he got home, but Simon got in his chair and told me to read him books. We read a few books and then he said "go n'night now" so I guess he didn't want to wait up for David.
No pictures today--the camera battery was dead when I went to take some pictures.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Ella didn't like JCRC when we visited, either. Hm, I wonder what that means...