
Today was the first day of no daycare for Simon while Yaya and Pam are on vacation. Simon was happy to see Grandy when she came over and he happily said goodbye to David and me and I heard him say to Grandy "only Ducky take me Yaya's house?" He didn't seem to be all that upset to hear that he wasn't actually going to Yaya's house today. He had a great time with Grandy even though she took him to get a haircut. He got some bubbles, a blue lollipop and a blue balloon. When I got home around 1, they were outside and he showed me his blue tongue from the blue lollipop.
Grandy left and Simon watched Teletubbies while I did some work. He was lying down on the couch and I asked him if he was ready to take a nap. He said "I take red car n'night" which I took to mean that as long as he could take his car with him, he would be willing to take a nap. I got him some milk and we went into his room and read a book and then I put him in his crib. He had 2 cars and some trains in his bed with him and I had to go in there at least 3 times because he kept dropping things and then crying very sadly saying that he needed them. Finally, after an hour of this, I went into his room and told him that he can't let the toys fall out of his crib anymore. He looked at me very confused. I ended up picking him up and sitting in his rocking chair with him for 10 minutes to try to get him drowsy enough to fall asleep without playing with all the trains and cars and knocking them out of bed again. When I put him back in his crib, he nicely lined up all the trains right next to him, covered them with his blanket and said "n'night trains." I told him to be very careful and not move at all so they wouldn't fall out. I guess that worked because then he slept until I went into his room at 5:30. He woke up when I came in and stood up, so I picked him up and he immediately put his head down on my shoulder and closed his eyes. It's so hard to wake up from a good nap.
We played with airplanes and race cars until David got home and then we ate dinner and then it was bathtime and bedtime. I was cleaning up Simon's room after his bath and putting away the bucket of dominoes that he had dumped out. Simon came over to me and said "you need it help Mommy?" I said yes and he started to help put away the dominoes. I was counting them as I put them away--I would count 5 dominoes and then drop them in. Simon wanted to show me that he can count higher than I can, so he counted "one, two, free, four, five, sick, seben, eight, nine, ten, elebenteen!"
No comments:
Post a Comment