






We just got back from a fun weekend in New York. Simon and I picked up David at his office at 4:11pm on Friday, and somehow we made it to Riverdale at exactly 7:34, 4 minutes before Shabbos started! That was with traffic on the Mass Pike and one stop for gas. Simon was very happy to see Tiny Head and Uncle Gordo (a.k.a. Danielle and Avi) and their new apartment. He stayed up very late to eat dinner with us. Ari, Ilana and baby Ian and Robbie and Michelle came for dinner too. I think Simon was somewhat disappointed that Ian doesn't actually do anything yet, but Ian did smile a lot when Simon talked to him so that was good. Simon went to bed around 10pm, so I thought he would sleep late in the morning. He didn't--was up around 7 and asked to "wake up Tiny Head now?". David got up with him and eventually they went to shul with Avi. Danielle and I got there later and Simon was very nicely playing in the dirt and teaching Azi Kram to do the same, much to the great dismay of his mother. It was nice to see all the people in Riverdale who we hardly ever see. When we finally left shul, we went to the Milsteins' for lunch. Simon was very nice to Ian--he voluntarily gave Ian one of his trains to play with. And, Ian was in his excersaucer and Simon kept running into Ian's room and coming back with more toys for him. He even brought his pacifier, which none of us are sure how he actually got since it was in the crib. Simon especially liked playing with his trains on the coffee table because the magnets on his trains would stick to the edge of the table. He also played out on the terrace for a while.
After lunch, we stopped at Stephanie and Shachar's hoping to see them and give Simon a chance to play with Dani, but they weren't home so we went back to Avi and Danielle's to take a nap. Later on, Jill and Josh came over. Josh and Simon played a really fun game with Simon's dinosaurs which involved a lot of "shhh dinosaurs sleeping" and then lots of shrieking and "dinosaurs wake up!!" He really didn't want to go to bed and wanted Josh to go in his pack n' play instead of himself. When I put him to bed, he asked me to sing some song that I had never heard of, so I told him that I don't know how it goes. He sighed and said "ok, I go first" and then he sang something that I couldn't understand. I just sang the Barney song when it was my turn and that seemed to be ok with him.
This morning, he did sleep late, until almost 9. David got up with him again and Simon ate breakfast and played with Danielle and then we went into the City to meet up with Avi and get pizza and go to Central Park. While we were waiting for our pizza, Simon wanted to go outside and "little bit walking." I love the way he talks! We went to the park and Simon literally ran around in circles for an hour or so having a great time.
From the park, we said goodbye to Tiny Head and Uncle Gordo (Simon was sad about this and said "Tiny Head Uncle Gordo not coming with us?") and we went to see my friend Janet. Simon was shy at first, but then he had fun playing with musical instruments and drawing a picture. He asked me to draw Thomas, so I did the best I could (which wasn't very good) and he asked me "'dis Thomas?" as if he couldn't believe I would do such a bad job!!
From there we went to Agi's house to see Agi and Mama and Judy. I told Simon we were going to see Mama at Agi's house and he said "no Agi only Mama!" This was a big change from his usual "no Mama!" When we got there, he saw Agi first and he said "where Mama?" and then he was very happy to see her. As soon as he saw her, though, he said "Joshua here too?" I think he was happy to see her because last time he saw her was on Pesach at Joshua's house, so he assumed if he was going to see Mama then Joshua must be there too. Luckily he didn't seem to be that upset that he wasn't. He had a lot of fun exploring Agi's house and eating cake.
We left around 5 and stopped to pick up some food for dinner to eat in the car. After being in the car for about 5 minutes, Simon was sound asleep so we were afraid that our plan of dinner in the car and then bed as soon as we got home wasn't going to work. He ended up waking up around 6:30 and David sat in back with him and fed him dinner. He then watched Baby Galileo a few times and then threw a huge fit when we stopped so that David and I could swtich places so that I could eat. He was crying and crying and wouldn't stop and wouldnt' tell me what was wrong. Finally, after I asked him a million different possibilities, he blurted out "no want Dada drive. Mommy drive. Dada sit next to Simon!" He was so sad that we almost pulled over to switch places, but then David made it worse by asking Simon if he wanted to drive. He said yes and then was even sadder because he couldn't. David told him he could drive down the driveway when we got home. Unfortunately, we were still a good 45 minutes away from home. He eventually got distracted by playing with David's cell phone. David has a picture of Simon as the background, so Simon would open the phone and say "hi Simon" then close the phone and say "no more Simon." This provided a good 1/2 hour of entertainment. When we got home, David stayed true to his word and once we got in the driveway, we let Simon out of the carseat and on David's lap to "drive" the car (we learned this behavior from Britney Spears). Simon did actually steer the car down the driveway and he was SO proud of himself and said "I did it. I park car!" As soon as we got inside, I got him some milk and took him straight to his room to put on pj's and go to bed. We read one book and sang a couple of songs and then I put him in. I had to go back in about 2 minutes later because I realized that I had left my cell phone charger in his suitcase. He had already fallen asleep in those 2 minutes!
I will add pictures later as I'm too tired to do it now and am going to bed!
Tomorrow it is back to Yaya's house for Simon...
No comments:
Post a Comment