


This weekend, our friends Matt and Stef and their 2 little girls, Bari and Hailey, were here. Simon had a great time playing with Bari and he had his very first sleepover in his room, with a girl no less! They stayed up for dinner, which they ate at Simon's little table that we moved into the dining room, so they didn't go to bed until after 9. They were obviously very excited to be in the same room and really didn't seem like they were going to go to sleep. Simon was in his bed and Bari was on a huge air mattress next to his bed and he kept sitting up so he could look at her. After a lot of adult intervention, we finally got them to go to sleep and we hoped that they would sleep late in the morning. That was not to be. At 6:15am, David and I heard Simon through the monitor saying "I pick it nose. I pick it nose." He obviously woke up Bari and then we heard her whimper a little bit and say "I need my mommy." Then we heard Simon saying "what you doing? what you doing? what you doing?" and then, in slight disbelief, "you crying???" David went downstairs at that point. I slept until after 10, but I heard bits and pieces of the activities downstairs which included a large breakfast and lots of playing. Then I heard Simon and Matt take the kids back into Simon's room to try to get them to go back to sleep. I did not think there was any way this could possibly happen, but soon enough, all 4 of them were sound asleep.
They got up for lunch, for which the Galpers were here too. After lunch, we hung out for a little while and then went to the park. Simon and Bari played in the sand and on the slide and went on the swings and the tire swing. Then we came home to give them dinner and their second bath together. I know they did and said a lot of funny things, but I'm forgetting them all now! At one point, Bari forgot Simon's name and she called him "that orange boy" because he was wearing an orange shirt. Last night, we got smart and I put Simon to bed first and then Bari went to bed after he was already sleeping. That worked much better and both of them were out by 8:30. We had a babysitter last night and we went out for gross Chinese food.
This morning, they slept a little bit later, but were up around 7:30 due to a slight accident which I won't write about in the blog so as not to embarrass Bari! I guess such are the joys of being potty-trained. Simon and Bari ate a waffle breakfast together and then watched Dora. Simon also played with Hailey a little bit--he shared Thomas with her and gave her lots of kisses and drooled all over her face.
After some hugs (a little bit more than Simon wanted), we said bye to the Diamonds and then Simon and I went to music class. He was pretty quiet during class, but he seemed to have a good time. Then we went to pick up pizza and David met us at the park for lunch. David forgot to bring the sheet that we were going to sit on, so we sat on a bench and ate our lunch and then went to JP Licks to get ice cream. Shockingly, Simon gave me his vanilla cone and drank my chocolate milkshake.
When we got home, Sophia and Susan were just getting home as well, so Simon and Sophia played in the driveway a little bit. Their favorite puddle was all dried up, but there was still some good mud to stomp in. Then we went inside for nap time. I deflated the air mattress and Simon said "'dat Bari's bed!" We sang some songs and then he took a nap from 2 until David woke him at 4:45. He watched tv with David for a little while and then we ate dinner. Simon played with Mr. Potato Head while he ate dinner--he insists on putting the teeth where hair should go, but other than that, he puts all the parts in the right places. He also likes to stick the ears in his own ears.
After dinner, it was bathtime and an attempt to put him to bed early. That failed miserably, as I just had to take a break from writing this because I heard him trying to open his door. I think he just slept too long this afternoon because he just doesn't seem tired at all. I lay down with him and he asked me to sing the airplane song (Leaving on a Jet Plane) and then he gave me lots of squishy wet kisses on the cheek. He was still up when I left him now, but hopefully he will actually go to sleep.
2 comments:
How come you haven't figured it out yet? Just get him a chocolate milkshake??? That is what he wants!!!
What a cute couple :)
Post a Comment