Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fun with Grandy, Day #2



Again this morning Simon thought Grandy was coming to take him to Yaya's house. Instead she came to take him to the bookstore. They bought some new books, which he showed me when I got home. They also built Tidmouth Sheds out of foam blocks and played with trains. Grandy told me the following funny story: they were playing with the trains and Simon was crashing the train into the blocks. Suddenly he stopped and said "I making doody, you go!" She thought he meant she should leave the room, but it turned out he meant she should crash the train into the blocks while he was busy!
When I got home, Grandy left and then I took Simon to the doctor. As soon as we entered the waiting room, he realized where we were and he burst into tears. He was so sad and cried and cried and kept saying "no, Mommy, no, Mommy, go home now, go Simon's house now." He cried throughout everything until Dr. Roth said he could get dressed again. Then he turned off the tears and had a whole conversation with me about the ice cream we were going to have. Little did he know that he was going to have to get his finger pricked to have his lead test before we left. Turned out, he was so interested in what was happening that he forgot to cry. He watched the nurse prick his finger and then squeeze out the blood. He looked a little bit astonished and asked her "what you doing???" He didn't complain at all and was very happy with his circle bandaid and his pretzel that he got after.
I asked him if he wanted to go out for ice cream and he said "eat ice cream Simon's house" so we went home and I made us each a bowl of ice cream. I don't think he really likes chocolate ice cream that much because he ate about 2 bites and then asked for oj and pretzels and had that instead. After that, we read a couple of books and then he took a nap from 3 until 6. By the time he woke up, David was home and Simon helped David put together our new kitchen chairs. Now we can finally reach the table, which is very exciting! Simon absolutely refused to come to the table for dinner, so we ate without him while he played very nicely by himself in the living room with his new books. Eventually, David was able to convince him to eat something for dinner and then he had a bath and I put him to bed. After we read stories, I turned off the light and he cried because he wanted more stories. I tried asking him if wanted to sing songs or for me to tell him a story and he kept saying no and crying. Then I asked him if he wanted to talk about his day and he immediately stopped crying and said yes. He claimed that he played at Yaya's house with Felix and sat on the sofa and saw Sesame Street. He's a big liar. He also said "I go Joshua house and Mama house." I'll have to tell Mama that he said that--she'll be so happy that he actually said something nice about her:) I asked him if he wants Joshua to come to his house and he said "YES! Simon, Ducky, Joshua, Mommy, play choo-choos Simon house." Then he said "I sleep Joshua sheets" because we had borrowed Joshua's old crib sheets to use when we stayed at the Inn in Virginia. We took them home with us since we left so early in the morning and I washed them and put them away with Simon's sheets. On Sunday, when I was changing his sheets, he saw Joshua's sheet and said he wanted that one.

1 comment:

Arica said...

That is the funniest story about the trains and the doody(did I just type that?)! I was cracking up when I read it!!