
Today was the second day in a row of gross rainy weather and apparently it is going to continue for the next 7 days at least. Simon likes to go outside in the rain because he likes to wear his hood and to say "it's raining Simon's head!" And he loves to stomp in the puddles, especially the big huge one at the end of our driveway. He knows that after he does that, we have to go in the front door so that he can leave his wet shoes in the vestibule.
When I picked him up today, Yaya told me that she picked him up at some point during the day and he gave her a big hug and said "I miss you Yaya." We were playing with Dora (Yaya's cat) before we left and told me "I love it Dora." Dora suddenly lay down on the floor and Simon said "uh-oh, Dora fall down!" and then he flopped down next to her and then made me lie down too. On the way home, he asked me what I was doing, so I said I'm driving and asked what he was doing. He said "I sitting backseat!" Duh.
David was at a CJP event, so we were on our own for dinner. We called Grandy and invited her over. When I told Simon that she was coming, he said "not Papu?" kind of sadly. I told him that Papu is out of town and maybe he will see him on Sunday. He was ok with that. He played while I made dinner. I could see him trying to get something off of the shelf where some of his toys are in the kitchen. He seemed to be struggling, but didn't ask for help. Then a few minutes later, he proudly declared "I did it!" He had taken out his set of wooden cars and signs that was underneath about 5 other things, slid off the plastic cover and made a tower out of all the cars. All that with no help at all. When the doorbell rang, he said "Ooooh Ducky!" He ran to the door and asked "this uh...Ducky?" Sure enough, it was. Simon told her where to leave her wet shoes and then we all ate dinner together. Simon told us about his day and that Cesca had a quiet time at Yaya's house (he wasn't lying because I was actually witness to that, but I'm not sure what she did to deserve it, I only got there in time to see her refusing to sit in quiet time and running wild instead). He really didn't want Grandy to leave and kept saying "no you play" and handing her toys. She left anyway and then we played a little bit more and looked at pictures on the computer and watched the video of Danya fishing on her blog a million times because Simon kept saying "more Danya fishing!"
Yesterday, we had a nice chat about Simon's big boy bed that still isn't put together. I asked him if he wants to sleep in his big boy bed and he said "no, I sleep in cribby." Then I asked him if he wants his baby brother to sleep in his room with him and he said yes. So I asked where the baby is going to sleep if he's going to be in the crib and he said "in big boy bed!" Then tonight, I showed him a page in the Pottery Barn Kids catalogue that had sheets that were both on a bed and a crib. I asked him if he wanted those sheets so that he and his baby brother could match. He pointed to the picture of the crib and said "I sleep 'dere in cribby." We're putting the bed together this weekend, so we'll see what happens. I'm not too optimistic that this is going to go well, but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment